Sunday, August 12, 2007

NDP 2007

Finally its that day again when people turned on their TV at 6pm to catch NDP while eating dinner together or having a family gathering. This year, I'm lucky to get my hands on the actual day tickets to attend the parade. Decked in red & white, I was surrounded in a sea of reds at Marina Bay and I do feel that most Singaporeans or people living in Singapore celebrate National Day only if you're intending to watch the parade. Its the hype of the parade that draws people to it and I believe that each Singaporean should at least go and watch it live once in their lifetime. Well, to cut the crap, the parade was kicked off with some motorbike stunts and singing followed by the actual formal marching parade. The Marina Wave was also invented to replace the Kallang Wave. The main item of the parade must be the Dynamic Defense Display by Mindef as it truly showed people what they were capable of doing in terms of defense for Singapore. Patriotism was everywhere when the anthem was played out and the pledge was read out. There were stellar performances on the creation and thrive of how Singapore succeed as a nation. To end the event with a high, all the performers gathering on the floating platform to sing before the fireworks finale took over. On the way home, I felt that it was rather the best NDP I've ever witness, maybe because I saw it live, but the whole segment was so different from the previous NDPs I've watched on TV as well the one I became involved in last year. It was fresh and extremely entertaining. Kudos to Sembcorp and the Engineer Formation and the rest who made this parade a success and hopefully NDP will forever be an event worth waiting for every year. Ps - pictures will be up soon as there are too many haha.

No comments:

ping.sg - the community meta blog for singapore bloggers